At Wolf & I Co., we are committed to safeguarding your personal information and will always handle your personal information securely and carefully.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In most cases, we collect your personal information when you place an order or register your details on our website, however we may also collect information in store or when you contact us directly to provide feedback or request information.
This personal information may in include:
- Your name and contact details (such as delivery address, contact telephone number and your email address),
- Any information that you provide to us during creation of an account,
- Your account preferences and password,
- Your purchase history,
- Your computer and connection information, and
- Any other information that you share with us.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The personal information you provide is used for purposes related to our business. In addition to the stated purpose given to you at the time you have provided us with your personal information, we also collect your personal information so that we can:
- Accurately process transactions and orders for products and services,
- Manage your account,
- Provide customer service and respond to feedback, enquiries or complaints,
- Verify your identity if required,
- Facilitate the running of promotions and competitions that you may like to participate in,
- Monitor activity on our website, including preventing and detecting any misuse of this website,
- Compile customer databases,
- Conducting research and development in respect to our products and services,
- Maintaining and developing our business systems and infrastructure,
- Marketing our product and services generally, and
- Comply with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement imposed on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution
And any other purpose reasonably considered necessary or desirable by us in relation to the operation of our business.
WHEN AND HOW DO WE COLLECTION YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect most personal information directly from you when you consent to communications from us. Your consent may be express (e.g. you agree to the use of your information by ticking a box) or implied by an action you take or do not take (i.e. because you have agreed to terms and conditions that contain information about the use or disclosure of your information). You provide us your information when you purchase (or enquire to purchase) products or services from us, you ask to find out more about our products or services, you apply to work with us, you participate in our competitions, you make a refund, return or other claim, you use our website(s) or other applications, you deal with us on the phone or you write to us.
We may also collect information about how you use our website(s) or applications to help us better serve you, including the automatic collection of data through “cookies”. A Cookie is a text file or a packet of information that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer.
Cookies are automatically stored by your browser, and they store information including the time and date of your visit, the pages and documents that you have visited, your server address and the type of browser you are using. We extend the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources.
We collect Cookies to better understand your browsing and purchasing behaviour, as well as to analyse and track website usage. This may allow us to determine the popularity of products and content as well as to deliver targeted advertising. We may also use this information to improve your online experience, including for security purposes.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE US WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is your choice to provide us with your personal information, for example when purchasing products or requesting communication from us. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, then we may be unable to provide you with the product or service that you may wish to receive.
When visiting our website, you can change settings on your browser that will allow you to reject Cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this website.
From time to time we may send you marketing or promotional material. Marketing and promotional material will only be sent to you if you have opted into receiving marketing material.
We (or an appointed third party) may also conduct surveys or market research and may seek other information from you on a periodic basis. These surveys will provide us with information that allows improvement in the type, quality and the manner in which those products and services are offered to you.
You can opt out of future communication from us by unsubscribing online, or by contacting customer support.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- For the reason it was initially collected – such as to supply purchased items to you, respond to feedback or operate our business,
- To our employees, related companies and professional advisers,
- To enforce our legal rights or those of others,
- To government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law,
- To credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies,
- To third-party contractors or service providers such as data storage, website hosting, marketing and customer support, and
- To organisations who manage our business strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business, and those involved in managing our business risks and funding transactions
If personal information is supplied to a third party, then we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated in line with all applicable privacy laws and principles.
We may disclose your personal information to third-party contractors, service providers or customers with whom we have a business association.
While we do not otherwise actively disclose your personal information to overseas entities (unless provided for in a separate agreement with you), we do engage service providers (such as cloud data services or communications providers) who may have international data centres, hardware and disaster recovery sites. Consequently, these providers may have access to your information.
We rely solely on reputable organisations for such cloud services.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may store your information in different forms, such as electronically or physically. Only personnel requiring access to this information are allowed access. All personal, company or confidential information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some of this information is stored for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer required is either deleted, destroyed or de-identified.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, modification or disclosure.
YOUR RIGHT TO UPDATE AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We want to make sure that any personal information that you have provided us is up to date, accurate, complete and relevant to the reason for providing it to use. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure this is the case, so that we can provide you with better service.
If you believe that some of the personal information that you have provided us is incorrect, incomplete, out of date, not relevant or misleading, then please contact us either through our website or our customer service team for correction. If we disagree with your view about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information that is held by us, and you ask us to associate with that record a statement that you have a contrary view, we will take reasonable steps to do so.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon your request and after satisfying ourselves of your identity, we will provide access to your personal information we hold except in certain prescribed circumstances which include, where:
- we believe giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety,
- giving you access would be unlawful,
- granting that access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals,
- we would be in breach of our obligations under a Technical Assistance Notice, Technical Capability Notice or Computer Access Warrant from an Australian Government agency,
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious, or
- there are anticipated legal proceedings.
We welcome the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU) as an important step forward in streamlining data protection globally. Although we do not operate an establishment within the EU and do not target any offering of services towards clients in the EU specifically, we intend to comply with the data handling regime laid out in the GDPR in respect of any personal information of data subjects in the EU that we may obtain.
COMPLIANCE WITH AUSTRALIAN ASSISTANCE AND ACCESS LEGISLATION
The laws have recently changed here in Australia to compel companies to share data with Australian intelligence agencies and law enforcement, or build in data sharing mechanisms which may report directly to these agencies. While we endeavour to protect your data and our technology from vulnerabilities wherever possible, we can’t break the law, nor can we inform you when we’ve been issued with a notice under the new legislation.
By using our website, you expressly release and indemnify us from any liability to you which arises from sharing data or building data sharing mechanisms (including ‘back-doors’ and vulnerabilities) into our technology at the direction of Australian Government and its agencies, including where those mechanisms are later exploited by a third party.
CONTACTING US OR MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you have any issues that you would like to raise with us or wish to make a complaint, then you can do so by contacting:
PO BOX 1114, Noosaville BC, Qld 4566
If, after we have conducted our investigations you are still not satisfied then we ask you consult with:
The Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
For further information about privacy in general, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website located at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
Alternatively, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided above.